The school offers matriculation from two boards:
i) Matriculation from the Aga Khan University Examination Board (“AKUEB”)
ii) The General Certificate of Education (GCE) O Level exams.
In August 2013, the school will commence classes towards the AKUEB’s Higher Secondary School Certificate. And in August 2015, A level classes will commence.
All of the above subjects are compulsory for all the students.
Some of the above subjects are taught at all the grade levels, however, there are the following exceptions:
|German||Taught from grade 4 onwards|
|World History||Taught from grade 5 onwards|
|Additional Mathematics||Taught from grade 8 onwards|
|Physics, Chemistry and Biology||Taught form grade 9 onwards|
- Two test test-weeks are organized in every term, each after approximately 5 weeks of teaching.
- Two tests are taken in a day, one in the first two periods and second in the 3rd and 4th period. Normal teaching takes place in the other periods.
- Tests cover topics covered in the last 5 weeks or so. Topics tested in one test are not tested in the next test.
- Tests are written out in the class-work copies.
- No report is issued. Parents are expected to counter-sign graded tests in the class-work copies.
- Each term culminates in a term exam.
- One exam is written each day. No teaching is carried out and the school gets off at the end of the 3 hour exam (11.30 am).
- Exam results are collated along with the test results during the term into a report. The report is handed to the parents in a parent-teacher meeting after the end of the exam. Exam papers are also handed over to the parents.
- The parent-teacher meeting is held on a Saturday.
- Parents are allocated time-slots for visiting their ward’s class-teacher.